Sunday, May 4, 2014

My first attempt at... beauty stuff??



OK, so this is going to be my first attempt at a beauty... tutorial I guess you can call it?  Kind of a product review at the same time...

So by now you all know that I love Influenster.  So recently I received the UniVoxBox and it had a bunch of fun things in it including Rimmel London Stay Matte in Ivory.

I am not this big beauty guru... I have only recently started looking up beauty tutorials myself.  Some of the things people do is just amazing!  I have been practicing but I guess I need some better tools.  Let me tell you guys... you need to invest in the many different brushes if you just don't have the beauty knack... it will make life much easier.  Well... that's just me... the beauty stupid person.  

Alright, enough of the randomness I will just get to it.  I was going for something subtle that you could wear every day, but it's nice enough that if you are going on a date or something you can wear it.  (Now this is not a club date look, like a dinner/movie thing)  Here's my results...

Without the Glasses, no flash

With the glasses, no flash

Realizing now this is a little blurry... but it's with the glasses and with a flash.

So this was very much meant to be something that anybody can do, not too much skill required and it still looks nice and polished.

I didn't start with a moisturizer or primer but I strongly encourage you to!  At least one or the other depending on your skin type.  Dry skin?  Moisturizer helps to make your foundation not look all flaky and what not.  Primer helps every stick to your face better.  Here's a picture of all of my products:

Rimmel London Stay Matte in Ivory, Ulta lip gloss, NYC Expert Last Lip Color, E.L.F all over face brush, and NYC Sky Rise mascara


These two pictures are of my Ulta Starry Lights 76 Piece collection.


So first I applied Rimmel London Stay Matte in Ivory first, all over my face and down to my neck.  You really should use a makeup sponge or brush, I used my finger.  Most days I just dab it on under my eyes, across my cheekbones, and then around my nostrils.  I get the under eye circles and the other areas are prone to excessive redness.

Next I put on my bronzer and blush.  I used "Glow" from my Ulta box for my highlighter that I used on the apples of my cheeks.  Then I used "Sweet Cheeks" from the Ulta box to go underneath that.  I did the fishy face, suck in your cheeks, face and put the blush on the part that was sucked in.  I know that seems kind of strange... I use a foundation to cover up the color on my face and the reapply color... but this color is planned and looks better!  So there's a method to the madness, I promise.

Next I moved onto eyes.  I forgot to put it in my supplies picture but I use an E.L.F Eye Brightening eye liner in black.  This is my absolute every day item.  I need my eyeliner on before I leave the house or I feel naked.  I apply this to my waterline.  Yup, another thing you shouldn't do.  I got yelled at by an optometrist last time I went because it's bad for your eyes for one reason or another.  I can't remember why... but anywho...  Next I used Ulta Glitter Eye liner in "Night Sky" to line the top of my lashes and extended it out slighty past to give that slight winged look.  Not too much but just slightly. I used Ulta "Lustre" eye shadow on top of all of that just to give my lid a little more color.  Then below my brow line I used Ulta "In the Buff".  Then I used Ulta Brow Pencil in "Golden Blonde" to color in my eye brows.  I tried "Warm Brown" and it was WAY too dark to go with my face and hair color.  I even felt like "Golden Blonde" was a bit on the dark side, but it worked.  Next I used NYC Sky Rise mascara.  Two coats.  I actually have a CoverGirl mascara in brown and I strongly prefer the NYC one... half the price... go figure.

Last was the lips... now... I already said I am not a beauty guru and it really shows when it comes to the lips.  I am horrible at picking out colors that go... or making them work.  So 9 times outta 10 I go for a clear gloss.  I am trying to be more daring but I have such a hard time trying to find something that works for me.  In this picture I am wearing NYC Expert Last Lip Color (another product I received complimentary from Influenster) in Forever Fuchsia (which doesn't seem very fuchsia-y... it's very pink) so I toned it down a bit with a brownish glittery Ulta lip gloss (there's no name on it... just says Ulta).

So from start to finish it took me about 12 minutes.  And that includes washing off the first round of brow pencil.  I did both brows before I really looked at them and realized how hideous they looked on me.  Like I said, pretty simple... pretty easy.  A beginner should have no problem doing this.  The hardest thing I see is lining the top of the lashes.  It can be kind of difficult to do a straight line.  But if you have a pretty steady hand you should be ok.  If you don't have a steady hand then I would say try to have something that you can rest your elbow on and pull your eye lid taut and really try to keep one fluid motion going.

Hopefully you guys found this to be helpful and you learned something!  


No comments:

Post a Comment